Apple Dumpling Quarters
These are great served warm with milk or ice cream.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- Milk or ice cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, water, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract in saucepan.
Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Peel, quarter, and core apples.
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate each triangle.
Stretch triangle slightly and wrap around each apple quarter. Place in a 9 x 13-inch
- Pour hot syrup over dumplings and bake for 30 minutes or until golden
brown and apples are tender.