Apple Marshmallow Dumplings
Serve hot with heavy cream.
- 6 medium size apples, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 large marshmallows
- Cook apples in water until tender, but not soft.
- Add salt and 24 marshmallows.
Cook over low heat until marshmallows melt.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add milk to make a soft dough.
- Drop by spoonsful on top of hot apple mixture to make 8 dumplings.
- Put one marshmallow on top of each dumpling.
- Cover tightly and steam 20 minutes without removing cover.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.