Apple or Peach Dumplings
Your choice! Apples or peaches.
- Pastry for 8-inch double crust pie
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dumplings: Roll pastry to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 6- or 7-inch squares.
Set aside while preparing apples or peaches (peel and slice).
- Place apples or peaches in center of each square.
- Sprinkle each with cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg and a pat of butter.
- Moisten edges and bring opposite edges together to seal.
- Put into pan and cover with syrup.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Syrup: Cook together 3 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.