Canned apricots make this recipe a breeze to make.
- Syrup drained from apricots
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 (1 pound 14 ounce) can apricot halves
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Apricot Syrup: Combine apricot syrup with honey and cinnamon. Bring to a
- Crust: Combine biscuit mix and sugar. Add milk all at once and stir to a soft
dough. Beat vigorously 20 strokes. Place on a floured board and knead 8 to 10 times.
Roll in a 15 x 10-inch rectangle and cut in 6 (5-inch) squares. (Dough will be soft.)
- Filling: Place 3 drained apricot halves in center of each square. Sprinkle 1
teaspoon sugar and a little grated orange peel over apricots on each square; dot
with butter. Pull corners of square over apricots and press seams to seal. Carefully
place dumplings, seams up, in baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 minutes
or until lightly browned.
- Serve in bowls with syrup. Garnish with remaining apricots.
Pass a pitcher of cream or top with ice cream.
Makes 6 dumplings | 1 cup Apricot Syrup.