Fresh blueberries make these a real treat.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mix blueberries, the 1/3 cup sugar, salt and water in medium saucepan; bring
to a boil; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Sift flour, the 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and the 1/4 teaspoon salt
together; cut in butter until the consistency of coarse meal.
- Add milk all at once; stir just until flour is dampened.
- Drop from tablespoon into simmering blueberry
mixture. Cover tightly; cook over low heat for 10 minutes without removing cover.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.