A favorite of children!
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter, brown sugar and boiling water and let come to a
- Sift dry ingredients and cut in remaining 1/4 cup butter; add milk and vanilla
extract. Mix quickly.
- Drop by teaspoons into boiling caramel sauce.
- Cover and simmer slowly for 20 minutes. Don't lift lid during cooking.
- Remove dumplings from sauce with a slotted spoon.
- Serve hot with sauce.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.