- 1 (16 ounce) can pitted red sour cherries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Put undrained cherries and 3/4 cup sugar in large deep skillet and bring to boil.
- Sift 1/4 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly.
- Drop from tablespoon into boiling mixture, making 4 to 6 dumplings; cover and cook gently for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.