- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, combine the sauce ingredients and mix
together well. Heat until the sauce comes to a boil being sure to stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and set aside momentarily.
- In a large bowl, stir dumpling ingredients
together to blend. Beat for 1 minute.
- Return the skillet to the stove top and cover. Heat over low heat until sauce
- Drop the dumplings by tablespoonsful over sauce. Cover the skillet
and gently simmer for about 20 minutes. Only check ONCE...just making sure sauce
is not simmering too hard.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine May 29, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.