- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, combine the sauce ingredients and mix
together well. Heat until the sauce comes to a boil being sure to stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and set aside momentarily.
- In a large bowl, stir dumpling ingredients
together to blend. Beat for 1 minute.
- Return the skillet to the stove top and cover. Heat over low heat until sauce
- Drop the dumplings by tablespoonsful over sauce. Cover the skillet
and gently simmer for about 20 minutes. Only check ONCE...just making sure sauce
is not simmering too hard.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine May 29, 2001.