Fresh Plum Dumplings
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 18 small fresh plums, pitted (Italian prunes)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar and cinnamon mixture
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook potatoes in jackets in salted water until done; drain, peel and force through
- Measure, loosely, 3 cups riced potatoes in large bowl.
- Mix in flour, salt and eggs and work dough together with floured hands.
- Beat in 5 tablespoons
melted butter, one tablespoon at a time; then continue to work dough until smooth.
Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Roll out dough 1/4-inch thick on floured board and cut into 3 or 4 squares. Flour
hands; put a square of dough in left palm. Put a plum in middle with sugar sprinkled
in pit cavity. Pinch the dumpling closed and roll into round smooth ball. Put pinched
side up on floured board.
- Cook just before serving.
- Drop 1 at a time in boiling
water, salted. Do not crowd pot. Cook for 15 minutes uncovered after they rise to top.
- While boiling dumplings, brown bread crumbs in remaining butter. Lift dumplings
with slotted spoon and cover with browned bread crumbs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.