Peach Dumplings with Fuzzy Navel Sauce
Blanket peach filling with easy-to-use refrigerated pie crust to make these tempting dumplings. Served with peachy sauce and ice cream, they're irresistible!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce box), softened as directed on box
- 2 large fresh peaches, peeled, cut in half and pitted
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup peach nectar
- 2 tablespoons peach-flavored schnapps or additional peach nectar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan with foil; spray foil with
- In small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup sugar, the flour, cinnamon and
butter; set aside.
- Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll on lightly floured work surface. Roll into
13-inch circle. Cut crust into quarters.
- Place 1 peach half, cut side up, on each crust quarter. Spoon sugar mixture evenly
onto peach halves.
- Brush crust edges with beaten egg white. Bring sides of each
crust quarter up over peach; press edges to seal, making 3 seams.
- Place dumplings,
seam sides up, in pan. Brush crusts with egg white; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar.
Make small slits in top of each dumpling to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, stir together 2 tablespoons sugar and the cornstarch.
- Stir in nectar. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 to 2 minutes
or until thickened. Stir in schnapps and orange peel.
- To serve, place dumplings in individual dessert dishes. Top each with 1/2 cup
- Serve sauce over ice cream and dumplings.
Yield: 4 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.