Praline Apple Dumplings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 to 8 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 small cooking apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Melted butter or margarine
- In medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening; add cold water, one
tablespoon at a time, and mix with a fork until moistened.
- Form into a ball. Place
on lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18 x 12-inch rectangle. Cut into six 6-inch
- Peel and core apples. Place an apple upright in center of each pastry square.
Combine sugar and apple pie spice. Fill center of each apple with sugar mixture.
Moisten edges of each pastry square. Fold corners of each square to center over
apple. Seal edges by pinching together. Place in ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In saucepan, combine water and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until sugar
is dissolved, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in margarine, vanilla extract and pecans.
- Pour around dumplings in pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Before cooling, brush lightly with melted margarine and sprinkle with sugar.
- Spoon sauce over dumplings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.