- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Simmer raspberries with water and honey for about 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with water. Add to raspberries, and thicken over low heat. Set aside and make umplings.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and nutmeg.
- Drop by spoonful into a large pot of simmering water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove dumplings from water with a slotted spoon; drain well and place into dessert dishes.
- Smother with the prepared raspberries and top with fresh cream, if you like.
These are good served warm or cold.