Sweet Apple Dumplings
Pillsbury® Biscuits provide a shortcut to this old-fashioned favorite.
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Refrigerated Buttermilk
- 8 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 4 small to medium Granny Smith apples,
peeled, cored and halved
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Flatten biscuits with rolling pin.
- Place 1 teaspoon butter in the core area of
each apple half.
- Wrap each biscuit around 1 apple half.
- Place seam side down in
greased baking dish.
- Combine sugar, water, melted butter and vanilla; pour over dumplings.
cinnamon over dumplings.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and
apples are tender.
prep time 25 min | total time 1 hr 40 min | servings 8
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe Calories 450 Calories from Fa
t215 Total Fat 24g Saturated Fat 12g Cholesterol 40mg Sodium 800mg Total Carbohydrate
54g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 32g Protein 4g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 8%
Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 4 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from