Almond Macaroon Cream
- 1 pound roasted almonds, ground
- 1 pound sweet butter
- 1 pound sifted confectioners' sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 pound roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico
- 1/2 quart heavy cream
- 2 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 egg yolks
- Almond Mixture: Cream the sugar and the butter.
- Add egg yolks, Frangelico and ground almonds.
- Fold in chopped almonds.
- Whip egg whites until stiff and fold in.
- Pour into buttered mold and freeze.
- Run under hot water to release from mold; let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Creme Anglaise: Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla bean in a medium pot just
until boiling point. Temper with the egg yolks. Refrigerate until needed.
- To Creme Anglaise, add chopped, roasted almonds and Frangelico to taste and serve
with Almond Macaroon Cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.