Almond Macaroon Cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound roasted almonds, ground
- 1 pound sweet butter
- 1 pound sifted confectioners' sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 pound roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico
- 1/2 quart heavy cream
- 2 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 egg yolks
- Almond Mixture: Cream the sugar and the butter.
- Add egg yolks, Frangelico and ground almonds.
- Fold in chopped almonds.
- Whip egg whites until stiff and fold in.
- Pour into buttered mold and freeze.
- Run under hot water to release from mold; let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Creme Anglaise: Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla bean in a medium pot just
until boiling point. Temper with the egg yolks. Refrigerate until needed.
- To Creme Anglaise, add chopped, roasted almonds and Frangelico to taste and serve
with Almond Macaroon Cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frozen Dessert Recipes