Baked Alaska Peanut S'Mores
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 pints chocolate ice cream, softened slightly
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl stir together crumbs, butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar and reserve about
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of flameproof 8-inch-square baking pan.
- Bake crust for 12 minutes, or until golden, and cool in pan on a rack.
- In a bowl stir together ice cream and peanuts and spread on crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture evenly on top, pressing lightly.
- Freeze ice cream mixture, covered with foil, overnight.
- Heat broiler.
- In metal bowl combine egg whites and remaining 1/3 cup sugar and set over a pan
of simmering water. Stir mixture just until sugar is dissolved. Remove bowl from
heat and with an electric mixer beat meringue until it holds stiff glossy peaks.
- Spread meringue over ice cream and broil under preheated broiler about 4 inches
from heat until golden, about 30 seconds.
- Freeze dessert, uncovered, 30 minutes to harden meringue and if desired, freeze,
- Cut dessert into 4 squares and halve each square diagonally into triangles.
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.