Banana Split Alaskas
- 2 cake doughnuts, cut in half horizontally
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut, toasted
- Place doughnuts, cut side up, on an ovenproof wooden board. Cover each half with
banana slices. Spoon 1/2 cup ice cream over bananas, making an indentation in center
of the ice cream. Fill each indentation with 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup and 1 tablespoon
pecans. Then place in freezer.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) and cream of tartar at high speed of an
electric mixer 1 minute.
- Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until
stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves (2 to 4 minutes); add vanilla extract.
- Remove doughnut halves from freezer, and quickly spread meringue over entire surface, making
sure edges are sealed. Swirl meringue to make peaks. Sprinkle sides with coconut;
cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer and bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees F for 2 to 3 minutes
or until meringue is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
Yields 4 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.