Bananas Foster Sundae
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon schnapps
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 ounce rum or brandy
- Vanilla ice cream
- In saucepan, heat butter and sugar over medium heat. Cook until sugar has melted
- Stir in cinnamon and schnapps.
- Add bananas to butter mixture; cook
and stir until coated with sugar mixture, about 2 minutes.
- Pour rum or brandy over top of banana mixture; do not stir.
- With long match, light rum or brandy.
- When flames
die down, spoon warm sauce over ice cream in individual dessert dishes.
Makes 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.