Cheesecake on a Stick
- 1 (8-inch) cheesecake
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice or brittle chips
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Cut cheesecake into 8 equal wedges. Make
a 1/4-inch horizontal slit in the center back of the crust of each slice of cheesecake
with the tip of a knife. Insert a wooden craft stick through the slit, halfway into
each slice. Place the slices on the baking sheet, cover, and freeze overnight.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and spoon over the cheesecake slices, coating completely and allowing
the excess chocolate to drip back into the saucepan.
- Before the chocolate hardens,
sprinkle 1 tablespoon nuts over the top of each and return to the baking sheet;
freeze for 1 hour, or until the chocolate and cheesecake are frozen.