Chewy Raisin Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Everyone will have their hands out for these ice cream sandwiches!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins, divided
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 cup heart healthy spread*, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 quart light vanilla ice cream or fat-free frozen yogurt
* Such as Smart Balance® or Earth Balance®
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
and set aside.
- Measure flour, cinnamon, salt, soda, ginger and cloves into large mixing
bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup raisins and hot water in food processor or blender;
process until smooth.
- Add spread, eggs and brown sugar; process until light.
- Turn into flour mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and remaining raisins
just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonsful onto baking sheets to make 32 cookies and flatten
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup ice cream onto each of 16 cookies and top with
- Wrap individual sandwiches in plastic wrap and store in the freezer.
Yield: 16 ice cream sandwiches | Serves: 16
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 10 min
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 16%); Total
Fat 5 (Saturated Fat 1.5; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 25; Sodium 200; Potassium
330; Total Carbohydrate 57; Dietary Fiber 3; Sugars 38; Protein 6; Calcium 140;
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frozen Dessert Recipes