As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 5 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 (1.5 ounce) bars Godiva Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 (1.5 ounce) bars Godiva Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can Bing cherries in heavy syrup, drained and halved
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped*
- Heat milk in saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and sugar in mixing bowl until thick and pale-colored.
- Add one-third of hot milk to yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour egg mixture
back into saucepan. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, until
mixture coats the back of a spoon. Do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Add chopped chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour into metal bowl and cool.
- Stir in vanilla extract and heavy cream.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
- Cut off top of each juice drink box and place on a baking sheet in freezer.
- Place the chopped chocolate, cherries and almonds on baking sheet in freezer.
- When the chocolate custard mixture is semi-frozen, turn into food processor bowl.
Cover and process until slushy. Stir in frozen chocolate, cherries and almonds.
Divide mixture into 8 juice drink boxes, filling to the top.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Insert popsicle stick in each and freeze for 3 hours more.
* To toast almonds, spread on baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10
minutes or until toasted.
Source: Godiva Chocolatier - godiva.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frozen Dessert Recipes