Chocolate Fried Ice Cream
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil
Chocolate Nut Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice Cream: With scoop, form 6 ice cream balls. Place on wax paper-covered tray.
Cover; freeze several hours or until very firm.
- In bowl, stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, nuts, coconut and cocoa; set aside.
In small bowl, beat eggs. Coat ice cream balls with crumb mixture, pressing crumbs
firmly into ice cream. Dip balls in beaten egg; coat again with crumb mixture. Place
on wax paper-covered tray; freeze 2 hours or until very firm.
- Just before serving, heat 2 inches oil in frying pan or deep fryer to 375 degrees
- Remove 2 balls at a time from freezer; fry in hot oil 20 to 25 seconds or until
- Drain; serve immediately with Chocolate Nut Sauce.
- Chocolate Nut Sauce: In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter; add nuts,
cooking until lightly browned. Remove from heat; stir in sugar, cocoa and salt.
Blend in light cream. Over low heat, cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just
begins to boil. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Serve warm.
Yield: about 1 cup sauce
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.