Colossal Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1/3 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (not reduced fat)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 quart fat-free or low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, slightly softened
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with aluminum
foil, allowing foil to extend over sides of pans. Spray with cooking spray.
- Topping: Combine oats, flour and brown sugar in large bowl. Cut in peanut
butter and margarine with two knives until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- Brownies: Melt chocolate chips and margarine in medium saucepan over low
heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in sugar and vanilla.
Add eggs; mix well. Add combined flour, oats, baking powder and salt; mix well.
Divide batter evenly between pans. Sprinkle with reserved topping, patting gently.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes for 8-inch pan (20 to 22 minutes for 9-inch pan) or just
until center of brownie is set. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely in pans on wire
- To assemble: Spread softened ice cream evenly over one brownie while still in
pan. Lift second brownie out of pan; remove foil. With topping side up, place brownie
on top of ice cream, pressing gently.
- Cover and freeze several hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10 to 15 minutes before cutting. Lift from pan using foil edges.
Remove foil; cut into wedges. Individually wrap wedges and store in freezer.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Quaker Oats Company
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frozen Dessert Recipes