Cracker Jack Brownie Sundae
Brownies and Cracker Jacks both debuted at the 1893 World's Colombian Exposition
in Chicago. Chefs at the city's still-operating Palmer Hotel created the brownie.
The "brownie" in this recipe is similar to flourless cake - decadently
dense and fudgy.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups vanilla reduced-fat ice cream (such as Healthy Choice)
- 1 cup fat-free caramel sundae syrup
- 1 cup Cracker Jacks, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed
until well blended (about 2 minutes).
- Add egg; beat 2 minutes or until pale.
- Place chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH in 20-second
intervals until completely melted, stirring after each interval. Add chocolate to
sugar mixture; beat until combined. Stir in milk.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour,
unsweetened cocoa, and salt; add to sugar mixture, stirring just until batter is
- Scrape batter into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until completely set.
- Cool to room temperature in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut brownies into 9 equal portions.
- Place one brownie portion on each of 9 small plates; top each brownie with 1/4
cup ice cream and about 1 1/2 tablespoons caramel syrup. Sprinkle chopped Cracker
Jacks evenly over sundaes.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 9 servings (serving size: 1 sundae)
Nutritional Information: Calories: 318 (19% from fat) Fat: 6.8g (sat 3.6g,mono
1.7g,poly 0.3g) Protein: 5.6g Carbohydrate: 57.3g Fiber: 2.1g Cholesterol: 33mg
Iron: 1.1mg Sodium: 215mg Calcium: 88mg
Source: Cooking Light - November 2005
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frozen Dessert Recipes