Creamy Caramel Milksicles
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping at room temperature
- 6 (3 ounce) plastic or paper cups or 6 (2.5 ounce) freezer pop molds
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and gradually whisk in milk.
Simmer over medium heat until thickened, about 2 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Transfer to a large shallow bowl; place in refrigerator
for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drop heaping teaspoonsful of caramel
topping randomly over pudding. Gently swirl into pudding.
- Spoon mixture into plastic
cups; place cups in an 8-inch baking pan or pie pan.
- Place popsicle sticks in centers.
- Freeze until firm.