Frosty Strawberry Squares
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Crust: Combine the flour, nuts and brown sugar.
- Add melted butter, tossing to combine the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture in a pan and bake the crust mixture
at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of the browned mixture and press to the bottom of the 9 x 13-inch
pan. Reserve the remaining crust.
- Filling: In a large bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Fold whipping cream or topping into the mixture.
- Carefully spoon filling over the crust mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture on top.
- Cover and freeze for 6 hours (you will need the full 6 hours).
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/23/01 7:01:59 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frozen Dessert Recipes