Frozen Creamsicle Cake
- 16 vanilla wafers, finely ground in a food processor
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh orange zest
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup orange sorbet, slightly softened
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Garnish: finely julienned fresh orange zest
- Line a 7 1/2 x 3 1/2-inch loaf pan with a double layer of plastic wrap, allowing
a few inches of overhang along sides.
- Stir together cookie crumbs, orange zest, butter and corn syrup in a small bowl,
then press into bottom of loaf pan.
- Spread sorbet evenly over crumb crust and freeze for 30 minutes to harden.
- While sorbet is freezing, slightly soften frozen yogurt. Spread evenly over sorbet
and freeze, covered with plastic wrap, until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Using plastic wrap as an aid, lift frozen cake out of pan, then peel off plastic.
Let stand for 5 minutes to soften, then cut crosswise into 4 slices.
Makes 4 servings.