Frozen Key Lime Torte
Scoops of frozen sherbet, sorbet, and yogurt, a crunchy Graham-cracker crust,
and a touch of fresh lime juice are what make this sweet-tart dessert a winner.
- 1 pint (2 cups) lime sherbet
- 1 pint (2 cups) lemon sorbet
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon Key lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut, toasted*
- Place sherbet, sorbet and frozen yogurt in refrigerator to soften while preparing
- In small bowl, mix Graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press mixture in
bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Spoon or scoop softened sherbet, sorbet and frozen yogurt into large bowl.
- Add lime juice; stir gently to mix.
- Spoon mixture over crust in pan, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with coconut; lightly press into sherbet mixture.
- Freeze until firm before serving, at least 4 hours.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
Prep time: 15 Min | Total time: 4 Hr 30 Min | Servings 10
Frozen desserts like this one are easier to cut if left out at
room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
1 Serving Calories 260 ( Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat
4 1/2g, Trans Fat 1/2g ), Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 150mg Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary
Fiber 1g Sugars 35g ), Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A4%; Vitamin C6%; Calcium10%; Iron2%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High- Fat Meat; 1 1/2
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):