Ice Cream Baked Potato
- Vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup pecan bits,
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) sweet butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow food coloring
- Chocolate sauce,
- 1 cup cocoa powder, for dusting
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Form Potato: Take 3 generous scoops of vanilla ice cream and place in aluminum
foil. Mold to shape of baked potato and return to freezer until firm, about 1 hour.
- Make Chives: Mix roasted pecan bits with green food coloring until well coated.
- Make Butter Patties: In mixer, cream butter with powdered sugar and add yellow
food coloring. Spread 1/4-inch thick on foil-lined pan and freeze about 20 minutes.
Remove and cut in 1-inch pats.
- Assembly: Spoon a generous amount of chocolate sauce on the bottom of a dessert
plate. Unwrap frozen "potato" and dust with cocoa powder all over. Spoon
whipped cream on top of potato, sprinkle with "chives," and top with "butter
pats". Serve with Chocolate Sauce.
- Chocolate Sauce: Put all ingredients in glass bowl and microwave for 1 minute
on HIGH. Remove and whisk until smooth.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Cowgirl Hall of Fame, New York, New York