Ice Cream Puffs with Praline Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups (1 quart) vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In 2-quart saucepan combine water, butter and salt. Cook until mixture comes
to a full boil, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add flour until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, beating each until smooth.
- Drop 1/4 cup batter onto cookie sheet to form 12 cream puffs.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until puffed, light brown.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-quart pan combine sugar, syrup and butter. Cook over medium
heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in pecans and vanilla extract.
- To Assemble: Slice off top of cream puffs; fill with 1/3 cup ice cream and replace
top; pour warm sauce over puff.