Ice Cream with Rum Mango Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- Vanilla low-fat or non-fat ice cream or ice milk, or flavor of your choice
- Puree the diced mango in an electric blender or food processor until smooth.
- Combine the pureed mango with the pineapple juice, honey, rum and lime juice in
a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Mix the cornstarch and water
and add to the mango mixture. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, for
2 to 3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the lime zest and remove from the heat.
- Serve warm or chilled over ice cream.
Makes about 1 cup sauce, to serve 4 to 6.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frozen Dessert Recipes