Knickerbocker Glory is a sweet ice cream dessert. Although the original recipe
was concocted in New York in the 1930s, this recipe is widely served in hotels in
- 2 cups fresh berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Fancy cookies, for garnish
- Place the fresh berries in a bowl, stir in the sugar, and mash slightly; set
- Place the chocolate chips and 3/4 cup whipping cream in a microwaveable container;
microwave two minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 5 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Assemble: Place a scoop (about 1/4 cup size) of vanilla ice cream in each of
four tall parfait or sundae dishes.
- Top with some of the fruit; add a scoop of strawberry ice cream and top with
some of the chocolate topping; repeat.
- Top with the sweetened whipped cream and garnish with a few of the berries and
a fancy cookie.
Amount Per Serving Calories 795 Calories from Fat 428 Percent Total Calories
From: Fat 54% Protein 4% Carb. 42%
Nutrient Amount per Serving Total Fat 48 g Saturated Fat 29 g Cholesterol
152 mg Sodium 191 mg Total Carbohydrate 83 g Dietary Fiber 1 g Sugars 25 g Protein
Vitamin A 31% Vitamin C 72% Calcium 0% Iron 6%