- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 pint coffee ice cream
- Lightly toast the nuts in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until
they are golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Immediately remove from skillet to
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet and cook the pineapple over medium heat,
turning once, until tinged with gold, about 2 minutes per side.
- Stir in the molasses
and simmer, spooning the sauce over the fruit, for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pineapple
to 4 shallow dessert bowls.
- Add the rum and lemon juice to the skillet and simmer,
stirring, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Place a scoop of the ice cream on each pineapple slice.
- Spoon the sauce over
the ice cream.
- Sprinkle with the nuts and serve immediately.
Yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 572 Calories; 24g Fat (36.2% calories from fat); 5g Protein;90g
Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 54mg Sodium
Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 4 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates
Source: Short & Sweet - Melanie Barnard