Mocha Ice Cream Puffs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- Coffee ice cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons orange flavored
liqueur (if desired)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to rolling boil.
- Stir in flour. Stir
vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute. Remove from
- Beat in eggs, all at one time, until smooth.
- Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupsful
3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet (makes 6 puffs).
- Bake until puffed and
golden, about 35 minutes. Cool.
- Cut off tops of 2 cream puffs.
- Pull out any filaments of soft dough.
- Fill puffs
with ice cream.
- Mix chocolate syrup and liqueur; drizzle on cream puffs.