Peanut Buster Dessert
I got this one from one of my cousins many years. It's a nice take on DQ's
Peanut Buster Parfait.
- 1 (15 ounce bag Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups salted Spanish peanuts
- Crush Oreo cookies and mix with Cool Whip. Press
evenly into a 9 x 13-inch pan and chill 1 hour.
- Cut ice cream into 4 lengths. Place on top of crust and freeze.
- Mix powdered sugar, chocolate chips, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to warm.
- Sprinkle Spanish peanuts over the ice cream layer.
- Pour chocolate sauce over all and freeze until firm.
- To serve, let sit at room temperature about 10 to 15 minutes to soften enough
to cut into squares.
Posted by Becky in Colo at Recipe Goldmine April 27, 2001.