Peanut Buster Dessert
I got this one from one of my cousins many years. It's a nice take on DQ's
Peanut Buster Parfait.
- 1 (15 ounce bag Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups salted Spanish peanuts
- Crush Oreo cookies and mix with Cool Whip. Press
evenly into a 9 x 13-inch pan and chill 1 hour.
- Cut ice cream into 4 lengths. Place on top of crust and freeze.
- Mix powdered sugar, chocolate chips, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to warm.
- Sprinkle Spanish peanuts over the ice cream layer.
- Pour chocolate sauce over all and freeze until firm.
- To serve, let sit at room temperature about 10 to 15 minutes to soften enough
to cut into squares.
Posted by Becky in Colo at Recipe Goldmine April 27, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frozen Dessert Recipes