As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled butter or margarine, diced
- 1/4 cup chilled cream cheese, diced
- 7 to 8 tablespoons ice water
- 4 cups pecan halves (about 1 pound), divided
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Crust: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line bottom and long sides of 13 x 9-inch
baking pan with foil.
- In bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, zest and salt.
- With pastry blender or 2
knives, cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough just starts to form.
- Shape into disk; wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 15 x 11-inch rectangle; fit into
prepared baking pan. Press dough against sides of pan with fork.
- Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Line dough with foil; fill with dried beans or rice.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Remove beans and foil. Set crust aside.
- Filling: In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook 3 cups pecans, stirring
frequently, until toasted and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Transfer pecans to blender or food processor. Process until coarsely chopped; set
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In bowl, lightly beat corn syrup with eggs, butter and vanilla extract until
combined; beat in sugar mixture.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour mixture into crust; arrange remaining pecans over.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set and bubbling.
- Cool completely on wire rack. (If making ahead, wrap baked, cooled pav in plastic
and foil; store in freezer for up to 6 weeks. Thaw overnight in refrigerator before
Yield: 12 servings
Per serving: 637 cal; 8 g protein; 39 g fat; 105 mg chol; 71 g carb; 278
Source: Woman's World - Nov. 25, 1997
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frozen Dessert Recipes