Raspberry Lemonade Freeze
This delicious raspberry and lemonade freeze is a refreshing dessert on a hot
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firm butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
Filling and Topping
- 2 pints (4 cups) raspberry sorbet, slightly softened
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Few drops red food color, if desired
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Additional frozen whipped topping, thawed, if desired
- Additional fresh raspberries, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom and sides of 9-inch square pan with foil,
leaving 1 inch of foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides of pan. In medium bowl, place
- Nut Crust: Cut in butter using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients
in opposite directions), until evenly mixed.
- Stir in nuts.
- In bottom of pan, press mixture evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Filling and Topping: Spoon sorbet over crust; spread evenly. Place in freezer.
- In medium bowl, mix ice cream, lemonade concentrate, 1 cup whipped topping
and the food color until well blended.
- Fold in 1 cup raspberries.
- Spread over sorbet.
- Freeze for about 4 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Remove dessert from pan, using foil to lift.
- Dip knife into hot water before cutting serving pieces.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and raspberries.
- Store in freezer.
Prep time: 20 Min | Total time: 4 Hr 45 Min | Yield: 12 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 280 (Calories from
Fat 125), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 70mg; Total
Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Iron 6.00%
Exchanges: 1 Starch
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photograph copy of Betty Crocker/General Mills