Sticky Summer Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch topping
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups ice cream or frozen yogurt
- In saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate stirring constantly until smooth. Remove
- In medium bowl, stir together melted chocolate and butterscotch topping.
- Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Lay wax paper in a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Using a spoon press mixture firmly and evenly into pan.
- Place in freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Cut cereal mixture into 3-inch squares.
- Take two squares and spread ice cream between the two to make sandwiches.
- Wrap individually in foil or freezer wrap.
- Freeze until firm (about 1/2 hour) or eat right away.
Yield: About 6 sandwiches.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/13,2001 3:18 pm.