Thin Mint Big Chill
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) box Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies (37 cookies), crushed into crumbs
White Chocolate Filling
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 14 egg yolks (1 cup)
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups white chocolate, chopped and melted
- 24 Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies, quartered with a thin-bladed sharp knife
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (1/2 cup), melted
- Bottom Crust: Mix butter with cookie crumbs. Spread evenly into bottom of a 9-inch
- Refrigerate until time to fill.
- White Chocolate Filling: In top of a double boiler over simmering water, whisk
sugar and egg yolks until they reach 130 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Meanwhile, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Add vanilla extract, and beat until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- When eggs yolks are hot, transfer them to bowl of an electric mixer and beat
five minutes until cool and very light.
- Quickly mix in melted white chocolate; Put into cookie shell until it is half full.
- Layer half Thin Mint cookie quarters over top.
- Layer with remaining mousse and cookies.
- Freeze for at least 12 hours.
- Chocolate Topping: Remove springform pan from freezer, and drizzle melted chocolate
- Remove side from pan, slice into wedges and serve when slightly thawed.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Nutrition facts per serving: 733 calories, 63 percent calories from fat,
7 g protein, 65 g carbohydrates, 4 g total fiber, 52 g total fat, 281 mg cholesterol,
155 mg sodium
Source: Iowa Gazette - January 30, 2001