Turtle Ice Cream Sundaes
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 (7.25 ounce) bottle chocolate-flavored hard-shell topping
- 1 (10 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Place cookies in recloseable plastic bag; seal bag. With rolling pin, crush cookies
into coarse crumbs. Place in shallow dish.
- Roll each ice cream ball in crumbs to coat.
- Place in single layer in airtight freezer container.
- Freeze until very firm, at least 4 hours.
- Place ice cream balls on sheet of parchment paper.
- Squeeze chocolate topping over each one, coating the top and all sides.
- Freeze in covered container at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Freeze remaining ice cream for other use.
- In small skillet over medium heat, cook pecans, stirring frequently, until lightly
toasted and fragrant.
- To serve, cut each ice cream ball in quarters and place in bowl.
- Top with caramel sauce and toasted pecans.
Yield: 6 large round ice cream balls, about 1/2 cup each
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Frozen Dessert Recipes