Apple Fritter the Time Away
- 4 apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups complete pancake mix, any brand
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat 1-inch vegetable oil on moderate to medium high heat. If you wish to test
the oil, add a 1-inch cube of bread to hot oil. If it turns deep golden brown in
color in a count of 40, the oil is ready.
- Core apples with an apple corer. Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices across, forming
apple rings. Sprinkle sliced apples with the juice of a wedge of lemon to prevent
- Mix together pancake mix and water, then season with nutmeg.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a sifter or a tea strainer.
- Place a piece of cardboard or brown paper sack on a work surface for draining
fritters. Working in small batches of 5 to 6 slices, coat rings of apple in batter,
and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until evenly golden brown. Transfer to paper bag or
towels to drain. When all the fritters are cooked, let oil cool before discarding.
- Top fritters with confectioners' sugar and transfer to a serving platter.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.