- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, rind and juice
- 1 cup apples, chopped,
but not too fine
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon
- Beat egg. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, egg and melted margarine.
- Add the
orange juice, rind, chopped apples (skins can be left on) and vanilla extract.
together the flour, salt and baking flour. Stir into milk mixture with a spoon until
blended. Do not over-mix.
- Heat oil in a skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Drop off end of tablespoon into hot oil.
- Fry to a golden brown. Turn so they brown evenly.
- Allow to cool.
Source: Apple Barn and Cider Mill - Sevierville, Tennessee