Apple Stuffed Pumpkins
Small pumpkins also can be stuffed and baked like apples.
- Cut the top off a 4- to 5-pound pumpkin and reserve the lid. Scrape out the seeds and strings. Brush
the inside of the pumpkin with melted margarine and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons
brown sugar. Replace the lid and place the pumpkin in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix 4 to 5 cups sliced, peeled apples, cup raisins, 1/3 cup
brown sugar, 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour, teaspoon cinnamon and teaspoon nutmeg.
- Spoon mixture into the pumpkin and replace the lid.
- Return to oven and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for 15 minutes, or until the pumpkin and apples
- Serve hot, scooping out pumpkin flesh with apple filling.