Apple Stuffed Pumpkins
Small pumpkins also can be stuffed and baked like apples.
- Cut the top off a 4- to 5-pound pumpkin and reserve the lid. Scrape out the seeds and strings. Brush
the inside of the pumpkin with melted margarine and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons
brown sugar. Replace the lid and place the pumpkin in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix 4 to 5 cups sliced, peeled apples, cup raisins, 1/3 cup
brown sugar, 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour, teaspoon cinnamon and teaspoon nutmeg.
- Spoon mixture into the pumpkin and replace the lid.
- Return to oven and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for 15 minutes, or until the pumpkin and apples
- Serve hot, scooping out pumpkin flesh with apple filling.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.