This is terrific served as an accompaniment to any plain meat, roast, fish or
- 4 large, firm bananas
- 1/2 cup gewerztraminer
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise. Soak in gewerztraminer
for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a shallow baking dish in oven.
- Stir in the curry powder and brown sugar.
- Dip the banana pieces into the mixture, turning to coat well, and bake in
same dish about 15 minutes.