Baked Apple with Cinnamon
Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of cinnamon or allspice
- 1 firm apple, cored
- 1 unbaked pastry shell
Cinnamon Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) lightly salted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- Dash of cinnamon
- Apples: Mix the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon to form a paste.
- Stuff the paste into the cored apple, then wrap the apple with the pastry.
- Use remaining pastry to add a decorative touch.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Cinnamon Bourbon Caramel Sauce: Place the sugar in a pan with
3 to 4 tablespoons of water. Allow this to boil until it turns a rich amber color
(232 degrees F on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and whip in the butter and cream. Season with cinnamon. Stir
in the Bourbon. Pour over baked apple and serve.
This will make way too much sauce for one apple, so you may want to consider
making 4 to 6 or use the remainder of the sauce for dipping fresh apple slices.