- 6 large red baking apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- Wash and pare apples one-third of the way down from stem end. Remove cores, leaving
- Place apples in a flat baking dish. Place pared end up.
- In the center of each apple put 1/4 teaspoon butter, 1 tablespoon of sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Combine water and syrup and pour over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately
45 minutes. Baste occasionally to keep juicy and to glaze.
Variation: Mix the following together and pour over apples before baking.
1 cup raw oatmeal flakes
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup hot