Baked Caramel Apples
- 8 cooking apples
- 10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup light muscovado sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 cup Calvados or applejack
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup light cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Core the apples and, with a sharp knife, cut a line round each as if tracing
the equator. Put them into a roasting pan.
- Press in the butter and sugar, alternately, in the holes and press any excess on top.
- Pour the Calvados and lemon juice into the pan.
- Put them into the oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until soft.
- Remove the apples to a plate or dish and pour the cooking juices and liquid into
- When you are ready for dessert, put the saucepan on high heat. Let bubble
till the liquid is reduced and thickened; it should be like a gooey sticky syrup.
- Stir in the cream and let bubble again for a few minutes and pour this fudgy sauce
over the apples.
- Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.