- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried fruit (raisins, chopped apricots)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cored Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup apple juice or water
- Whipped cream or creme fraîche
- Combine pecans, butter and brown sugar.
- Add dried fruit and cinnamon.
- Fill apples with the mixture.
- Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour apple juice or water in pan, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or creme fraîche.
Apples can also be cooked in a slow cooker for about 6 to 7 hours on LOW.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.