Baked Stuffed Oranges
- 6 large navel oranges
- 4 cups crushed pineapple with juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Cut oranges in half and scoop out pulp. Place pulp in 3-quart saucepan with pineapple
and add lemon juice and sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until
mixture becomes the consistency of a thin marmalade.
- As mixture cooks, scallop edges of orange shells, if desired, using small scissors.
- Stir sherry into pineapple mixture and refill shells.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Do not refrigerate.
- Serve at room temperature. Can be held at room temperature overnight.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.