Baked Stuffed Peaches
- 4 firm, but ripe, peaches (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 8 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut peaches in half from stem to root end, then twist gently to free fruit from
pit. Gently twist pit from peach half and discard.
- Arrange peach halves, cut sides
up, in a lightly buttered, shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together vanilla wafer crumbs, egg, walnuts, brown sugar
and vanilla extract.
- Mound about 2 teaspoons cookie mixture in each peach cavity.
(When baked, cookie filling resembles a peach pit.)
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until topping is cooked through and lightly browned and
peaches are soft but not mushy and still hold their shape.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per Serving: 176 calories, 7 grams of fat
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.