- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup beer, or more
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 bananas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- Heat 3 to 4 inches of oil in a deep-fat fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, beer, baking powder and salt.
- Dust the banana slices with more flour, shaking off the excess.
- Dip the slices into the batter, then roll them in the coconut.
- Fry 3 or 4 banana slices at a time until golden brown, about 2 to 3
- Skim out the fritters and drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve warm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.