- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup beer, or more
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 bananas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- Heat 3 to 4 inches of oil in a deep-fat fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, beer, baking powder and salt.
- Dust the banana slices with more flour, shaking off the excess.
- Dip the slices into the batter, then roll them in the coconut.
- Fry 3 or 4 banana slices at a time until golden brown, about 2 to 3
- Skim out the fritters and drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve warm.